Electra Private Equity PLC Privacy Notice
This privacy notice describes how Electra Private Equity PLC ('we', 'us') collects and processes personal information about you, how we use and protect this information, and your rights in relation to this information.
This privacy notice applies to all personal information we collect or process about you. Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
1. Personal information we use
We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us or sign up for news alerts). The categories of information that we collect directly from you are your name, email address, company and sector.
2. How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use it
We use your personal information to provide news alerts or to respond to correspondence. We must have a legal basis to process personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be to meet our legitimate interests, for example, to provide updates on our news. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We may obtain your explicit consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law (for example, in relation to our direct contact activities). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
3. Your rights over your personal information
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the rights to:
- Access your personal information
- Rectify the information we hold about you
- Erase your personal information
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Object to our use of your personal information
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests. If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
4. Automated decisions about you
We do not currently use any type of automated decision making.
5. Information Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to send news alerts.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications or store cookie files on your computer in order to deliver its service(s). Enabling such connections may allow third parties to collect, store or share data about you. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie declaration on our website. Clicking on external links may also allow third parties to collect, store or share data about you. We do not control these and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
6. Information Security and Storage
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We shall be entitled to keep your personal information until you inform us in writing that you do not wish to be on our mailing list, save that we may retain your personal information after that time if and for so long as we may be required by law or regulation to do so, or there are outstanding claims or complaints in connection with which we may reasonably require such information.
7. International Data Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
8. Contact Us
Electra Private Equity PLC is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process. If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact [email protected].
9. Changes to the Policy
We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time. If we change this privacy notice, we will notify you of the changes. Where changes to this privacy notice will have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you sufficient advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing).