Unaudited Preliminary Results for Year ended 30 September 2007
20 November 2007
- Strong net asset value growth – up 29.5% over the year to 2,001p per share at 30 September 2007 – Unaudited net asset value per share at 31 October 2007 of 2,008p
- Share price outperformance relative to FTSE All-Share Index – Electra rose by 22.5% versus an Index increase of 8.7% over the year. Share price up 263.2% over five years versus an Index increase of 84.1%
- Return on equity of 22.6% on an annualised basis for the five years to 30 September 2007
- Busy year of investment activity – £322 million invested and £303 million realised
- Net liquid resources at 30 September 2007 of £156m
- Special Dividend of 25p per share reflecting high level of distributable revenue
Commenting on the Results, Sir Brian Williamson, Chairman, said:
“The year has seen a positive start to Electra’s return to full investment and Electra Partners has delivered a strong performance. Recent concerns about the economic outlook and availability of bank finance may reduce the level of realisations in the short term but will generate opportunities for those such as Electra with capital to invest.”Net Asset Value Per Share
| ||30 September 2007||30 September 2006||31 October 2007|
|Net asset value per share||2,001p||1,545p||2,008p|
|Increase since 30 September 2006||29.5%|| || |
|Increase in FTSE All-Share Index since 30 September 2006||8.7%|| || |
The unaudited net asset value per share at 31 October 2007 was calculated on the basis of the net asset value at 30 September 2007 adjusted to reflect the purchases and sales of investments, currency movements and bid values on that day in respect of listed investments.
A copy of the Chairman’s Statement, Manager’s Review and the Preliminary Announcement are attached.
The figures and financial information for the year ended 30 September 2007 do not constitute the statutory financial statements for that year. Those financial statements have not yet been delivered to the Registrar, nor have the Auditors yet reported on them. The figures and financial information for the year ended 30 September 2006 do not constitute the statutory financial statements for that year. The financial statements in respect of the year ended 30 September 2006 have been delivered to the Registrar and included the Auditors’ Report which was unqualified and did not contain a statement under either section 237(2) or section 237(3) of the Companies Act 1985.
The Report and Accounts will be sent to shareholders in January 2008 and will thereafter be available from the Company’s registered office at Paternoster House, 65 St Paul’s Churchyard, London EC4M 8AB. The Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 6 February 2008 at the Barber-Surgeons’ Hall, Monkwell Square, London EC2 at 12 Noon.